If your order includes Oxygen, CPAP masks, machines or heated humidifiers, we must have your prescription on file before we can ship your order. Please note that DME supplies and parts such as filters, tubing, water chambers, mask parts, cushions and pillows do not require a prescription.
There are three easy ways to give us your prescription:
- Fax your prescription to our toll free fax number: (844) 667-8650.
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We can request your prescription for you! Contact customer service at 1-866-763-4363
NOTE: If you fax or email a prescription, please write your order number on your prescription.
Did you know that you can often get a prescription from your primary care physician? If your doctor has a record of your sleep study or knows that you use prescription required medical quipment, he or she will most likely be happy to write a prescription for your supplies. This method can also generally be completed faster than going through a specialist. We have a prescription form your doctor can use.
Your prescription can be handwritten on a standard prescription pad. It must include the physician's name, contact information and signature of the care provider; your name; and a statement about the equipment needed, for example "Oxygen at LPM" “CPAP” , “BiPAP”, “CPAP Mask”, “CPAP Humidifier” or “CPAP Supplies”. Ideally, the prescription for a CPAP machine will also include a pressure setting or oxygen will include LPM. If this information is not included on the prescription, it may be provided by the patient.
Note: Under HIPPA regulations, you have a right to request a prescription from your physician. If you have difficulty accessing your prescription, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance.
Can you help me with my prescription?
Of course! Contact our friendly experts. They'll be happy to answer your prescription questions.
- Email Us: email@example.com.
- By Phone: 1-866-763-4363 (8AM–5PM EST Monday–Friday; Closed Saturday & Sunday)
- Live Chat: Click on the live chat link at the center-top of any page on this site.
- By Fax: (844) 667-8650
Do you have a prescription form?
Yes! DMESupplyUSA.com's Prescription Form may be completed and signed by your physician. You or your physician may send us your completed prescription form.
- Fax your prescription to our Toll Free fax number (844) 667-8650.
- Email your prescription to Info@dmesupplyusa.com.
I have an old prescription. May I still use it?
Prescriptions may be written for "Lifetime Need" or "99 Months". Such a prescription may be used for the prescribed equipment as often as needed to continue therapy. If a prescription notes a number of refills, it will be valid to dispense the listed equipment the number of times shown on the prescription. If a prescription bears an expiration date, the prescription is good through the date shown. If you are not sure about the validity of a prescription, send it to us and we will determine its condition.
Who can write a prescription?
- The prescription can be written by any of the following care providers:
- Medical Doctor
- Doctor of Osteopathy
- Physicians Assistant
- Nurse Practitioners
- Naturopathic Physician
- We cannot accept a prescription written by any of the following practitioners unless the practitioner is also an MD or DO:
Can my prescription be written in a language other than English?
Yes. We can accept prescriptions written in any language from a U.S. Physician.
Will you accept a CPAP prescription from a doctor outside the US?
No. If you have an international prescription written by a US physician, we will ship your order to any US state or to your country of residence on receipt of a valid prescription. Unfortunately, this policy does not include ResMed, Respironics Fisher and Paykel or DeVilbiss brand products. We are not able to ship any of the aforementioned manufacturer's brands with an international prescription.
How can I submit my prescription to DME Supply USA?
- Fax your prescription to our Toll Free fax number 1-866-763-4363.
- Email your prescription to info@DMEsupplyusa.com
What does a CPAP prescription need to say?
Below we’ve outlined the various required elements of prescriptions for various types of CPAP equipment. All medical prescriptions must include the patient’s name, the prescribing physician’s full name, the physician’s contact information and the physician’s signature.
CPAP Machine Prescription
- One of the following phrases: "CPAP" or "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure".
- Specific pressure, for example, “9 CM/H2O”, or simply “9”.
APAP Machine Prescription
- One of the following phrases "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "CPAP" or "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure" or similar term.
- Optional show your pressure range.
- Example: “5-20 CM/H20”, or simply “5-20”.
BiPAP Machine Prescription
- One of the following phrases "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP".
- Your inspiration pressure (Also called IPAP Pressure or Breathing In pressure), for example, “IPAP 11 CM/H20”, or just “IPAP 11”.
- Your expiration pressure (Also called EPAP Pressure or Breathing Out pressure), for example, “EPAP 13 CM/H20”, or simply “EPAP 13”.
BiPAP Auto Machine Prescription
- One of the following phrases "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto" .
- Inspiratory pressure (IPAP) and expiratory pressure (EPAP) are NOT required for the BiPAP Auto.
BiPAP ST Machine Prescription
- Contains one of the following words or phrases "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST" .
- Contains a backup rate or BPM setting.
- Contains your inspiration pressure (Also called IPAP Pressure or Breathing In pressure), for example, “IPAP 12 CM/H20”, or simply “IPAP 12”.
- Contains your expiration pressure (Also called EPAP Pressure or Breathing Out pressure), for example, “EPAP 18 CM/H2O”, or just “EPAP 18”.
BiPAP Auto SV Machine Prescription
- Contains one of the following words or phrases "BiPAP SV" or "BiPAP Servo Ventilation".
- May or may not contain a backup rate or Breath Per Minute (BPM) setting .
- Contains your IPAP Min and Max or Minimum and Maximum Inspiration Pressure (breathing in pressure) or the settings can be provided to us. Examples: “IPAP Min 6 cm/H20 - IPAP Max 15 cm/H20”, “IPAP Min 6 cmwp - Max 15 cmwp”, “IPAP Min 6 - IPAP Max 15”.
- Contains your EPAP or Expiration (breathing out Pressure) or the setting can be provided to us. This may be called the EEP (End Expiratory Pressure). Examples: “EPAP 5 cm/H2O”, “EPAP 5 cmwp”, “EPAP 5”.
- Sample of wording for a complete prescription for a BiPAP Auto SV to include Back Up Rate: “BiPAP SV”, “IPAP Min 6 cmH2O”, “IPAP Max 15 cm H2O”, “EPAP 6 cmH2O”, “13 BMP”.
BiPAP AVAP Machine Prescription
- Contains one of the following words or phrases “BiPAP ST”, “AVAP”, “BiPAP AVAP”, “BiLevel AVAP”, or “Average Volume Assured Pressure Support”.
- Contains the Tidal Volume Estimated.
CPAP Mask Prescription
- Contains one of the following words or phrases: “CPAP Mask”, “CPAP Supplies”, “CPAP Humidifier”, “CPAP”, “Continuous Positive Airway Pressure”, “APAP”, “AutoPAP”, “AutoSet”, “Auto CPAP”, “Auto Adjusting CPAP”, “Self Adjusting CPAP”, “BiPAP”, “BiLevel”, “VPAP”, “BiPAP Auto”, “BiPAP ST”, “Synchrony ST”, “VPAP ST”.
CPAP Humidifier Prescription
- Contains one of the following words or phrases “CPAP Humidifier”, “Humidifier”, “HH”, “CPAP Supplies”, “CPAP Mask”, “CPAP”, “Continuous Positive Airway Pressure”, “APAP”, “AutoPAP”, “AutoSet”, “Auto CPAP”, “Auto Adjusting CPAP”, “Self Adjusting CPAP”, “BiPAP”, “BiLevel”, “VPAP”, “BiPAP Auto”, “BiPAP ST”, “Synchrony ST”, “VPAP ST”.