Using this guide
Please read the entire guide before use. When following instructions, refer to the images at the front of the guide.
The F20 is a non-invasive accessory used for channeling airflow (with or without supplemental oxygen) to a patient from a positive airway pressure (PAP) device such as a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) or bilevel system.
The F20 is:
- to be used by patients weighing more than 66 lb (30 kg) for whom positive airway pressure therapy has been prescribed
- intended for single-patient reuse in the home environment and multi-patient reuse in the hospital/institutional environment.
AirTouch F20 cushion
The cushion is intended for single-patient reuse in both home and hospital/institutional environments and recommended to be replaced monthly.
- Twist and pull both magnetic clips away from the frame.
- Ensure that the ResMed logo on the headgear is facing outwards and is upright. With both lower headgear straps released, hold the mask against your face and pull the headgear over your head.
- Bring the lower straps below your ears, and attach the magnetic clip to the frame.
- Undo the fastening tabs on the upper headgear straps. Pull the straps evenly until the mask is stable and positioned as shown in the illustration. Reattach the fastening tabs.
- Undo the fastening tabs on the lower headgear straps. Pull the straps evenly until the mask is stable and sits comfortably on the chin. Reattach the fastening tabs.
- Connect the device air tubing to the elbow. Attach the elbow to the mask by pressing the side buttons and pushing the elbow into the mask, ensuring it clicks in on both sides.
- Your mask and headgear should be positioned as shown in the illustration.\
Adjustment (AirTouch F20)
If necessary, slightly adjust the position of the mask for the most comfortable fit. Ensure that the headgear is not twisted.
- Turn on your device so that it is blowing air.
- To resolve any leaks at the upper part of the mask, adjust the upper headgear straps. For the lower part, adjust the lower headgear straps.
- Adjust enough for a comfortable seal.
Cleaning your mask at home (AirTouch F20)
Handwash the elbow, frame and headgear (not the cushion) by gently rubbing in warm (approximately 86°F/30°C) water using mild liquid detergent. Rinse them well under running water and allow to air dry out of direct sunlight.
If required, it is recommended to wipe the cushion using CPAP wipes or equivalent and allow to dry. It is recommended to replace your cushion every month.
- As part of good hygiene, always follow cleaning instructions (using mild liquid detergent for recommended components and if required, wiping the cushion with CPAP wipes or equivalent). Some cleaning products may damage the mask, its parts and their function, or leave harmful residual vapors that could be inhaled if not rinsed thoroughly.
- Regularly clean your mask and its components to maintain the quality of your mask and to prevent the growth of germs that can adversely affect your health.
- Visible criteria for product inspection: If any visible deterioration of a system component is apparent (cracking, discoloration, tears, etc.), the component should be discarded and replaced.
- The cushion must not be submerged in liquid as this may damage the cushion and affect mask performance.
- Discard the cushion if it is submerged in liquid or heavily soiled.
Daily/After each use:
- Disassemble the mask according to the disassembly instructions.
- If required, wipe your cushion with a CPAP wipe or equivalent and then allow to dry. Important – do not get cushion wet.
- Rinse the frame and elbow under running water. Clean with a soft brush until dirt is removed.
- Soak the components in warm water with a mild liquid detergent for up to ten minutes.
- Shake the components in the water.
- Brush the moving parts of the elbow and around the vent holes.
- Brush the areas of the frame where the arms connect, and inside and outside the frame where the elbow connects.
- Rinse the components under running water.
- Leave the components to air dry out of direct sunlight. Make sure to squeeze the arms of the frame to ensure that excess water is removed.
- Disassemble the mask. The magnets can remain attached to the headgear during cleaning.
- Handwash the headgear in warm water with mild liquid detergent.
- Rinse the headgear under running water. Inspect to ensure the headgear is clean and detergent free. Wash and rinse again, if necessary.
- Squeeze the headgear to remove excess water.
- Leave the headgear to air dry out of direct sunlight.
Replace the cushion by following relevant steps of the disassembly /reassembly instructions.